Job Title: Senior Accountant
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Objective: The Senior Accountant will be an integral role on the finance team at Platinum Bank. This position will adhere to Platinum Bank’s service and quality standards, prepare financial reporting and reconciliations, regulatory reporting preparation, perform analysis, be the subject matter expert for accounts payable, and assist with other finance tasks as needed. This position will provide troubleshooting and will resolve issues related to the essential functions listed. In addition, this individual will work closely with and be the right hand to the Finance Manger on other projects or duties as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Complete required Bank and Holding Company reconciliations.
- Process/record certain Holding Company and Bank transactions.
- Assist with Bank and Holding Company Board financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with financial statement, tax return and other examination preparation.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Work with Finance Manager to produce Asset Liability Management Reports and monitor policy limits from the Funds Management Policy, Contingency Funding Plan, Capital Expenditure, Expense Reimbursement and Capital Plan.
- Work with Finance Manager to ensure finance-directed policies are current and being maintained.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and review the general ledger’s prior day transactions daily for accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of regulatory filings on behalf of the Bank and Holding Company.
- Be the subject matter expert of the accounts payable function.
- Responsible for all essential accounts payable functions, including reviewing invoices and expense reports, processing payments, ensuring proper 1099 tracking and sales and use tax tracking, and maintaining proper record of all invoices and vendor information.
- Play an integral role in implementing accounts payable automation.
- Work with Finance Manager on Treasury Management workflows and assessments
- Work with Finance Manager on analyzing profitability for products and services.
- Assist with business unit analysis.
- Assist with financial analysis on asset sales and purchases.
- Responsible for monitoring daily liquidity position and determining cash needs.
- Compile SBA 7a bid sheets for brokers.
- Responsible for writing procedures for the finance department.
- Assist in the operational improvement of financial data integrity and reporting efficiencies.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Primary back up to prepare and submit regulatory filings on behalf of the Bank and Holding Company.
- Assist in other special projects as assigned.
- Primary backup to Finance Manager tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree in finance or accounting or equivalent.
- 3-5 years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience with internal controls/ process and a sound understanding of accounting
- Experience with IBM COGNOS Analytics preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Proficient skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Jack Henry applications desirable.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Ability to make good quality decisions in a timely and decisive manner and systematically evaluate alternatives.
- Self-Management – Strong time management, work prioritization, and organizational skills; detailed oriented; ability to clearly define objectives, set personal goals, and monitor progress; displays self-motivation; actively seeks feedback and adapts behavior.
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Bank records and customer transactions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.