SBA Packaging Specialist
Position Reports to
Vice President, SBA Manager
The SBA Packaging Specialist assists Platinum Bank customers, lenders, and credit analysts from credit approval through payoff. This includes processing, closing, and monitoring of government-guaranteed loans. The SBA Packager is responsible for documenting all SBA loans to ensure the Bank can rely on the SBA guarantee.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of the SBA required documents for all SBA loans. Ensures correct combination of documents will be prepared/received for each transaction to secure legal interests of the Bank and follow SBA, the Bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with third party service providers and internal support staff to efficiently manage the SBA process, perform customer due diligence and coordinate closings
- Manages loan closing checklists.
- Completes accurate SBA Authorizations, and other required loan forms.
- Attends and completes SBA loan closings with lenders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and compliance with all banking regulations and the SBA Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist customers with loan related questions, maintenance, service requests and troubleshooting
- Works as liaison with business banking associates and loan operations to close and fund SBA loan transactions.
- Works with SBA pre- and post-closing ensuring accurate documentation and compliance.
- Assists with preparation of SBA Underwriting Addendums and collaborates with SBA credit analysts on key components of the credit analysis required in the Credit Memorandum.
- Maintains all electronic filing so that necessary documents can be found easily, and documentation is consistent and complete.
- Positive interaction with all lending staff and assists other departments when needed.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Stays abreast of changes to the SBA SOPs, consults with manager and CCO as necessary.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GED required.
- 4-year college degree or 5+ years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Strong analytical skills that can be used to solve and resolve complex financial decisions.
- Prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- Satisfactory skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Jack Henry applications desirable.
- Experience with nCino applications desirable.
- Experience with TSoft applications desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.