Position Reports to
Chief Financial Officer
The BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) Analyst helps ensure that the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundring/Office of Foreign Assets Control (BSA/AML/OFAC) operations of the Bank comply with federal regulations and bank policies. The BSA Analyst assists in the implementation and administration of the Bank wide BSA/AML/OFAC program under the guidance of the Compliance Officer and the CFO.
Monitoring, Reviews, and Audits
- Monitors high risk rated customers on a monthly basis.
- Annually reviews accounts for issues with TINS and the monetary instrument log
- Annually reviews brokered accounts, exempt CTR customers, ATM owner/operator credits and debits, new loans secured by cash, non-government organizations, charities, non-bank financial institutions, and USA Patriot 311 list.
- Monitors Review Reports on a daily basis.
- Searches ACH Warehouse for new ATM servicers and conduct necessary due diligence.
- Stays up to date on current issues and areas of risk while effectively focusing on areas of high risk.
- Assist in analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity.
- Assists with BSA/AML/OFAC program management.
- Submits CTRs weekly.
- Send SAR memo to Board of Directors monthly.
- Prepares annual BSA report for the Board of Directors.
- Researches and submits SARs as needed.
- Conduct biweekly FinCEN 314 list verification.
- Conducts onsite visits with clients as needed.
- Acts as a resource for BSA related questions, exceptions, support, and training.
- Maintains knowledge of rules and regulations related to and including BSA/AML/OFAC laws.
- Recommends process improvements to efficiently manage the overall BSA program.
- Assists with recording, managing, and tracking the remediation progress of BSA/AML and OFAC compliance related violations, issues and recommendations identified through any internal, external, and regulatory reviews.
- Independently investigate alerts generated by the Bank’s AML monitoring system and determine if activity is reasonable or potentially suspicious.
- Assist with implementation of new products and services that impact the BSA/AML/OFAC program.
Compliance Program Training
- Backs up CRMO on all compliance risk assessments, compliance meeting coordination, board of directors training, and compliance officer duties.
- Back up for fraud related activities
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, marketing and or management.
- 1+ years of relevant compliance/BSA experience in the banking / financial services industry.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to [email protected].