Position Reports to
The Accounting Specialist will be an integral role to the finance team at Platinum Bank. The role’s primary accountabilities are to be the subject matter expert for accounts payable, maintain monthly reconciliations, and assist with other finance tasks as needed. This individual will also work closely with the Finance Manager on other projects or duties assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Be the subject matter expert of the accounts payable function.
- Review invoices & expense reports, code to the appropriate expense account.
- Process electronic transfers and check payments.
- Reconcile & review accounts payable transactions.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Setup new vendors ensuring proper 1099 tracking and sales and use tax reporting
- Setup appropriate approval workflows and limits
- Maintain proper storage record of all invoices and vendor information
- Comply with Expense Reimbursement policy
- Responsible for the recording of all investment purchases and monthly income and amortization entries.
- Prepares and records monthly accrual and prepaid items accounts.
- Responsible for the recording of all fixed asset purchases and monthly depreciation expenses.
- Reconciles specific balance sheet accounts daily.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reconciles specific income statement accounts monthly.
- Responsible for financial report gathering for board packets, ALCO packets, and quarterly call report.
- Assists with financial statement, tax return and other examination preparation.
- Assist with Bank and Holding Company Board financial reporting and documentation preparation.
- Assist with document preparation and financial reporting for ALCO packets.
- Responsible for monitoring daily cash position and determining cash needs.
- Responsible for writing procedures for the finance department
- Responsible for compiling quarterly shareholder statements.
- Assist with compiling SBA 7a bid sheets for brokers.
- Perform annual Municipal credit review.
- Primary back up to prepare and submit regulatory filings on behalf of the Bank and Holding Company.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist in other special projects as assigned.
- Backup to various Finance tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- Two- or Four-year college degree in finance or accounting
- 1-3 years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience with internal controls/ process and a sound understanding of accounting
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Proficient skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Jack Henry applications desirable.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Ability to make good quality decisions in a timely and decisive manner and systematically evaluate alternatives.
- Self-Management – Strong time management, work prioritization, and organizational skills; detailed oriented; ability to clearly define objectives, set personal goals, and monitor progress; displays self-motivation; actively seeks feedback and adapts behavior.
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Bank records and customer transactions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.